* isearch and a "normal" yank?
@ 2002-11-05 19:19 Douglas Lewan
From: Douglas Lewan @ 2002-11-05 19:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi, everyone,

How can I search for text that's in the "normal" kill ring?  That is, what I
would get, say, in fundamental mode?

That asked, can anyone motivate necessarily the default C-y and C-w in
isearch- functions?

(The problem at hand is looking through 14000 lines of nightly build output
for errors that cron mails me.)

Thanks.

,Doug
Douglas Lewan
ADIR Technologies
732 836 3916
dlewan@adirtech.com

The legal department has requested that this message appear as a footnote to
all e-mails sent from my computer.

This e-mail and attachments, if any, may contain confidential and/or
proprietary information. Please be advised that the unauthorized use or
disclosure of the information is strictly prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and
delete all copies of this message and attachments. Thank you.

* Re: isearch and a "normal" yank?
       [not found] <mailman.1036524711.27151.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2002-11-05 19:51 ` Barry Margolin
From: Barry Margolin @ 2002-11-05 19:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <mailman.1036524711.27151.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>,
Douglas Lewan  <dlewan@adirtech.com> wrote:
>How can I search for text that's in the "normal" kill ring?  That is, what I
>would get, say, in fundamental mode?

C-s M-y

--
Barry Margolin, barmar@genuity.net