* Debugging tramp on some remote hosts
@ 2010-08-12 14:28 Alex Bennee
From: Alex Bennee @ 2010-08-12 14:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

As part of my attempt to move to running everything inside one emacs
daemon invocation I've been doing more stuff with tramp. However I'm
seeing situtations when I load files via tramp from one particular
machine that hang emacs. Other machines seem to behave better but also
hang on some dired operations for example.

I've tried tweaking the tramp-verbose a little but nothing of note seems
to be apearing in *Messages*. Can anyone offer an suggestions or
strategies for figuring out what is confusing tramp so much?

--
Alex, homepage: http://www.bennee.com/~alex/
http://www.half-llama.co.uk

* Re: Debugging tramp on some remote hosts
@ 2010-08-15 12:45 ` Michael Albinus
From: Michael Albinus @ 2010-08-15 12:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Alex Bennee <kernel-hacker@bennee.com> writes:

> Hi,

Hi,

> I've tried tweaking the tramp-verbose a little but nothing of note seems
> to be apearing in *Messages*. Can anyone offer an suggestions or
> strategies for figuring out what is confusing tramp so much?

Which Tramp version do you run?

Tramp writes most of its messages into the *debug tramp/method ...*
buffer. A suitable setting of tramp-verbose is 6, then you see all sent
commands, and their responses.

Best regards, Michael.