* how to scrolling the text one line each time for mouse wheel.
@ 2011-07-20 19:15 Bo Yu
From: Bo Yu @ 2011-07-20 19:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi everybody,

when I scroll the text by mouse wheel, the emacs jump too far (more than one
line), who knows how to resolve this problem?

Thanks,
Bob

* RE: how to scrolling the text one line each time for mouse wheel.
@ 2011-07-21  5:09 ` Drew Adams
From: Drew Adams @ 2011-07-21  5:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Bo Yu', help-gnu-emacs

> when I scroll the text by mouse wheel, the emacs jump
> too far (more than one line), who knows how to resolve
> this problem?

Hold down the Shift key when you rotate the wheel.

Or change your settings:

M-x customize-option mouse-wheel-scroll-amount

* Re: how to scrolling the text one line each time for mouse wheel.
@ 2011-07-21  5:11   ` Jai Dayal
From: Jai Dayal @ 2011-07-21  5:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Drew Adams; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

speaking of which, is there anyway to do this for just the up or down
arrow?

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I'm new to the forum, so forgive me
for the (i'm assuming) obvious repeated question.

@ 2011-07-21  5:27     ` Drew Adams
From: Drew Adams @ 2011-07-21  5:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Jai Dayal'; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

>>> when I scroll the text by mouse wheel, the emacs jump
>>> too far (more than one line), who knows how to resolve
>>> this problem?
>>
>> Hold down the Shift key when you rotate the wheel.
>> Or change your settings:
>> M-x customize-option mouse-wheel-scroll-amount
>
> speaking of which, is there anyway to do this for just
> the up or down arrow?

What do you mean, make `up' and `down' move the cursor more than one line at a
time, or make them scroll the window?

Anyway, yes, you can do anything you want.  You just need to bind the `up' and
`down' keys to the commands you want.
See the Emacs manual, node `Key Bindings':
`C-h i g Key Bindings RET'

The basic commands for scrolling the window are `scroll-up' and `scroll-down'.
Depending on how you look at scrolling, they might be opposite to what you
expect. ;-)

Example: (global-set-key [down] 'scroll-up)