* RE: gid doc?
@ 2003-05-06 14:06 brian.auld
From: brian.auld @ 2003-05-06 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Are there any particular guidelines for using gid in the kernel tree. These are the steps I took:

1) built id-utils
2) moved id-utils.el to ~/.emacs-lisp directory
3) added the following lines to .emacs file to automatically
   load id-utils.el on startup:

(setq load-path (append load-path (list ~/.emacs-lisp")))

(autoload 'gid "id-utils" "Interface to ID Utils" t)

4) Built ID database (from kernel source root dir):
   find . -name "*.[chyCHY]" | xargs mkid

---------

When I try and run 'M-x gid' on a symbol. I know I had it working at one time, but now it's belly up. Is my 'find ...' in error?

Any pointers would be appreciated.

-- Brian

[parent not found: <mailman.5629.1052230305.21513.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>]
* gid doc?
@ 2003-05-04 18:27 brian.auld
From: brian.auld @ 2003-05-04 18:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Can anyone recommand a url or howto or manual that talks about using 'gid' with emacs.

On the recommendation of others, I'm trying to use it. I'm having trouble getting comfortable with it, and 'info id-utils' is pretty thin...

Thanks,

Brian