* Conflict of w32-send-sys-command and set-default-font in Emacs 24.3?
@ 2013-04-30  0:01 Eric Liu
From: Eric Liu @ 2013-04-30  0:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

I am running Emacs 24.3 on Windows 7, with the command below to maximize frame at Emacs startup:
  (w32-send-sys-command 61488)

However, once I added the set-default-font commands
(set-default-font "Monaco-10")
to my init file, the maximizing stops to work. I am sure it used to work with Emacs 24.2 on the same machine. Anyone knows if this is a bug of 24.3, or I should use an alternative way to maximize frame of 24.3?

* RE: Conflict of w32-send-sys-command and set-default-font in Emacs 24.3?
@ 2013-04-30  2:05 ` Drew Adams
From: Drew Adams @ 2013-04-30  2:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Eric Liu', help-gnu-emacs

> (w32-send-sys-command 61488)
> However, once I added the set-default-font commands
> (set-default-font "Monaco-10")
> to my init file, the maximizing stops to work.

Evaluating those two sexps works for me on Emacs 24.3, starting from `emacs -Q'.

Did you start from `emacs -Q', or with an init file that has just those two
sexps?  If not, and if it works when you do, then bisect your init file
repeatedly until you find the code that breaks it.

If it does not work for you with just those two sexps then please report it:
`M-x report-emacs-bug'.

* Re: Conflict of w32-send-sys-command and set-default-font in Emacs 24.3?
@ 2013-04-30 23:18   ` Eric Liu
       [not found]     ` <mailman.24924.1367368891.855.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Eric Liu @ 2013-04-30 23:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Drew Adams; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Thank you for reply.
I tested either with -Q or by creating an init file from scratch with only
those two commands, but neither work. I also tried your approach by M-x
eval-expression. Those two did work after Emacs start up, but they don't
work if put in init file.

@ 2013-05-01  0:41     ` Drew Adams
       [not found]     ` <mailman.24924.1367368891.855.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Drew Adams @ 2013-05-01  0:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Eric Liu'; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

At this point I would suggest you use `M-x report-emacs-bug'. If there is no bug
then Emacs Dev will let you know that. They will also know what to ask you to
try, if they need more info to decide.

@ 2013-05-01 17:44       ` liuning
From: liuning @ 2013-05-01 17:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Update: Ref. bug-gnu-emacs bug#14326 thread.
Eli Zaretskii pointed out swapping the two lines fixes the issue, and that should be the correct order for those two lines. That is not a bug.