* a question about keymaps
@ 2007-06-30 21:38 nusret
From: nusret @ 2007-06-30 21:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Dear list members,
I tried the following in my _emacs file:

(define-key function-key-map [S-C-mouse-3]
[C-mouse-1])

But it doesn't bring up the buffer menu (that was what
I expected). I get a message in the minibuffer:
"<C-mouse-1> is undefined".

On the other hand, the following advances the point by
one line (without any selection), but I get a message
"Function  returns invalid key sequence":

(define-key function-key-map [S-C-mouse-3] 'next-line)

All in all, obviously I'm doing something wrong, but I
couldn't figure it out yet.

QUESTION: How can I correct the first form so that it
does what I expect? Also, what causes this behavior?
I'm not claiming any bug whatsoever, I'm just trying
to understand, and actually the whole point of this
exercise was just that.

I'll appreciate any explanation and/or hints.
thank you in advance.

nusret

http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/