* Trouble fontifying /** ... */
@ 2009-01-26  5:00 Davin Pearson
From: Davin Pearson @ 2009-01-26  5:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I sent the following email to gnu.emacs.help but received no helpful
reply.

I have invented a new (free GPL) programming language called SJS,
short for Simplified Java Syntax which provides a stepping stone for
learning Java, which makes it easier to learn Java than by learning
Java from scratch.  While writing the major mode sjs-mode, I ran into
a problem highlighting /** ... */ in font-lock-doc-face.

Click below for my Elisp code:

http://h1.ripway.com/davin/sjs.el

To get the desired fontification online, I considered inheriting sjs-
mode from java-mode, but when you uncomment the line that says (java-
mode) it does fontify /** ... */ in font-lock-doc-face but it also
erroneously fontifies the "end" keyword in font-lock-type-face.  This
behaviour is erroneous and I don't want for this to happen.  I read
the documentation for font-lock-add-keywords but nothing I tried
eliminated the fontification of "end".

--
Sincerely and kindest regards, Davin.
Davin Pearson    http://www.davinpearson.com

* Trouble fontifying /** ... */
@ 2009-01-09  4:54 Davin Pearson
From: Davin Pearson @ 2009-01-09  4:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I have invented a language called SJS that it a mixture of Pascal and
Java for easier learning of the Java language.  In sjs-mode
I would like the following code:

/**
  I am a Javadoc-style comment.
*/

To be fontified in font-lock-doc-face but I cannot find an elegant way
to do this.  What follows is some Emacs version information,
via report-emacs-bug:

  In GNU Emacs 22.2.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
  of 2008-03-27 on RELEASE
  Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
  configured using `configure --with-gcc (3.4)'