Dear all, sorry for bothering You again, but I didn't succed with all my trials until now. But I think what I want is very simple: I want, if I press the key "4" in shell-mode, the curser moves first one space to the left, then prints "4" and then goes to the end of the line. In other words: I want to substitue "4" with: C-b 4 C-e I have defined a macro ("viertel") wich does C-b 4 C-e, but I'm not able to associate this macro to the key 4. It would be great if I could get an advice how this can be done! Thanks for Your support, Stefan