From: Robert Pollard <rpollard@apple.com>
Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
Subject: Re: [Newbie] Colorizing keywords
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 09:41:09 -0700	[thread overview]

Yes I now know about font-lock thanks to you and Phillip Lord.  This
takes care of known document types.  What about making my own
definitions for colorization?  Is it possible to create my own database
of keywords and define the color that is used for each?  How does
font-lock-mode do it?  It would have to have a place where the keywords
and patterns are defined with what colors they should be.  Where would
this be located so I can figure out how to do my own definitions?  I
suspect there is Lisp code involved and I can sort of imagine the Lisp
code that could do what is needed.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Robert