* Using several window systems
@ 2009-11-14  7:51 Peder Refsnes
       [not found] ` <mailman.10734.1258247996.2239.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Peder Refsnes @ 2009-11-14  7:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi.

On my system, a mac, I have compiled emacs to use the X window manager. I use a tilling manager called AwesomeWM to handle the window placement which I find to be better than floating cocoa windows, most of the time.

It would be nice if I was able to start an emacsclient that hooks into the running server and makes a cocoa frame. Use case would be if I'm having a quick look at a README file or the like, but also be able to reach the buffers in my "main" emacs instance. So what I'm basically asking is: Is it's possible to have two different window systems connect to an emacs server?

Peder