* hyper-apropos
@ 2002-09-11 17:46 Joe Casadonte
       [not found] ` <mailman.1031794089.22353.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Joe Casadonte @ 2002-09-11 17:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is there a hyper-apropos for Emacs?  Emacs 21, if it matters....

--
Regards,

joe
Joe Casadonte
jcasadonte@northbound-train.com

         Llama Fresh Farms => http://www.northbound-train.com
   Gay Media Resource List => http://www.northbound-train.com/gaymedia.html
            Perl for Win32 => http://www.northbound-train.com/perlwin32.html
               Emacs Stuff => http://www.northbound-train.com/emacs.html
          Music CD Trading => http://www.northbound-train.com/cdr.html
                       Live Free, that's the message!

* Re: hyper-apropos
@ 2002-09-12  1:27 ` Miles Bader
       [not found] ` <mailman.1031794089.22353.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Miles Bader @ 2002-09-12  1:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Joe Casadonte" <jcasadonte@northbound-train.com> writes:
> Is there a hyper-apropos for Emacs?  Emacs 21, if it matters....

What do you mean by `hyper-apropos'?

I know it's a command in xemacs, but what features does it have that
you want and aren't provided by the normal `apropos' command?

-Miles
--
Next to fried food, the South has suffered most from oratory.
  			-- Walter Hines Page

* Re: hyper-apropos
       [not found] ` <mailman.1031794089.22353.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2002-09-12  2:02   ` Joe Casadonte
From: Joe Casadonte @ 2002-09-12  2:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 12 Sep 2002, Miles Bader wrote:

> What do you mean by `hyper-apropos'?

The xemacs apropos

> I know it's a command in xemacs, but what features does it have that
> you want and aren't provided by the normal `apropos' command?

The interface.  Not sure if I like it better or not, but I'd like to
try it and see.  Example follows:

Apropos search for: "log"

* = command (M-x) or user-variable.
a = autoloaded, b = byte-compiled, i = internal, l = lambda, m = macro.

Functions and Macros:

b  dialog-box-cancel              - Cancel a modal dialog box.
b  dialog-box-finish              - Exit a modal dialog box, returning RESULT.
b  get-dialog-box-response        - Pop up a dialog box and return user's selection.
b  internal-make-dialog-box-exit
i  log                            - Return the natural logarithm of NUMBER.
b  log-message                    - Stuff a copy of the message into the " *Message-Log*" buffer,
b  log-message-filter             - Default value of `log-message-filter-function'.
b  log-message-filter-errors-only - For use as the `log-message-filter-function'.  Only logs error messages.
i  log10                          - Return the logarithm base 10 of NUMBER.

--

@ 2002-09-12  3:21     ` John Paul Wallington
From: John Paul Wallington @ 2002-09-12  3:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Joe Casadonte" <jcasadonte@northbound-train.com> wrote:

> On 12 Sep 2002, Miles Bader wrote:
>
>> What do you mean by `hyper-apropos'?
>
> The xemacs apropos
>
>> I know it's a command in xemacs, but what features does it have that
>> you want and aren't provided by the normal `apropos' command?
>
> The interface.  Not sure if I like it better or not, but I'd like to
> try it and see.

It's a bit /busy/; if you press D on a function you get a byte-code
disassembly!

--
John Paul Wallington