* Changing the behavior of display-buffer in next-error-no-select
@ 2024-05-03 15:33 Richard Sent
From: Richard Sent @ 2024-05-03 15:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi Emacs,

When cycling through, say, a rgrep result buffer with n
(next-error-no-select) and p (previous-error-no-select), file results
are displayed in every open window, with the exception of the window
containing the rgrep results themselves.

I'd rather have file results remain in just one window so that I can use
other buffers while still viewing search results. Is this possible?

I see that next-error-no-select contains
display-buffer-overriding-action, so I suspect the answer might be
advising next-error-no-select and let-binding
display-buffer-overriding-action, but actually working that out is a bit
difficult.

How would I go about this? Are there any better options?

--
Take it easy,
Richard Sent