* <tool-bar> <mouse-1> is undefined When clicking top of frame
@ 2024-06-19  7:35 gabriel.pickl
From: gabriel.pickl @ 2024-06-19  7:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi everyone,

I'm having a bit of trouble with my emacs, and am out of my depth on
debugging it.

The behavior is not really consistent, but I'll try to describe it:

In some buffers, when I click the top line, or the second line (it
varies, but I haven't figured out why), I get the message `<tool-bar>
<mouse-1> is undefined` instead of moving the point. To be precise, it's
the top of the window, it does not matter if I scroll the buffer down.
But it does seem to vary with buffer.

This only seems to happen near the top of the frame, near the toolbar
(as the message implies). I'm roughly assuming that some part of the
click target detection is being weird. But clicking directly on an empty
space in the toolbar does not have the same effect.

This all happens without config as well, running `emacs -q`.

My emacs:

GNU Emacs 29.3 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.41,
cairo version 1.18.0)

Running on NixOS 24.05 with Gnome (package is emacs29-pgtk)

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me,

All the best,

Gabriel

* Re: <tool-bar> <mouse-1> is undefined When clicking top of frame
@ 2024-06-20  6:40 ` Po Lu
From: Po Lu @ 2024-06-20  6:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gabriel.pickl; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

gabriel.pickl@posteo.net writes:

> Running on NixOS 24.05 with Gnome (package is emacs29-pgtk)

This has been fixed in Emacs 30.