* Calculator Questions
@ 2004-08-20 20:57 Chris Green
From: Chris Green @ 2004-08-20 20:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Good day,

1) Is there anyway for Calc mode to allow middle mouse clicks to
   insert data?

2) Is there a mode for calc or another package that allows math to be
   done doing interval?

   9:24 - 10:34 = 1h 10m

Thanks,
Chris
--
Chris Green <cmg@dok.org>
Let not the sands of time get in your lunch.

* Re: Calculator Questions
       [not found] <mailman.2142.1093043696.2011.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2004-08-20 23:48 ` Jay Belanger
From: Jay Belanger @ 2004-08-20 23:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

> 1) Is there anyway for Calc mode to allow middle mouse clicks to
>    insert data?

Data from where?
The middle mouse click will insert clipboard contents; that has
nothing to do with Calc.

> 2) Is there a mode for calc or another package that allows math to be
>    done doing interval?
>
>    9:24 - 10:34 = 1h 10m

Sure.  Insert H hours, M minutes and S seconds as H@M'S" or
You can use o instead of @ for hours, m in place of ' for minutes, and
s in place of " for seconds when inserting the data.

  9@24' RET
 10@34' RET
 -

gives

 -1@10'0"

Jay

* Re: Calculator Questions
@ 2004-08-21 19:24   ` Chris Green
From: Chris Green @ 2004-08-21 19:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jay Belanger <belanger@truman.edu> writes:

>> 1) Is there anyway for Calc mode to allow middle mouse clicks to
>>    insert data?

> Data from where?

I would like to highlight a number into the selection buffer and
paste/yank it into calc.

> The middle mouse click will insert clipboard contents; that has
> nothing to do with Calc.

It has everything to do w/ calc interacting with mouse-yank.. Should
have pasted the error message: insert-for-yank: Buffer is read-only:
#<buffer *Calculator*>.. After chasing for a while I found what works:

   (define-key calc-mode-map [mouse-2] 'calc-yank)

> Sure.  Insert H hours, M minutes and S seconds as H@M'S" or
> You can use o instead of @ for hours, m in place of ' for minutes, and
> s in place of " for seconds when inserting the data.
>
>   9@24' RET
>  10@34' RET
>  -

Thanks for the notation example. :)