Grant Edwards writes: > The other text editors I've used for editing email and nntp messages > (and most of the GUI mail/news programs) all had commands to > increase/decrease the quote level for a selected block of text. I use > emacs for editing source code and almost all other tasks, but I > haven't been able to switch to using it as my mail/usenet editor > because I've never been able to find the command in mail-mode or > message-mode to increase/decrease the quote level for a block of text. Just curious: Why would need that? > My fingers are programmed to do "ctrl-C >" and "ctrl-C <" to > increase/decrease indentation/quoting, but that doesn't work. Nor does > there appear to be anything under the mail/message menus. I've tried > all the command names I can think of but auto-complete never finds > anything. > > I must be missing something obvious. > > In mail or message mode, how do you increase/decrease the quote level > of a region? M-; In case you want more options, do C-h k M-; -- Carl Lei (XeCycle) Department of Physics, Shanghai Jiao Tong University OpenPGP public key: 7795E591 Fingerprint: 1FB6 7F1F D45D F681 C845 27F7 8D71 8EC4 7795 E591