* Caps Lock For Input Methods That Use Symbol Keys As Letter Keys
@ 2023-07-14 13:25 Yoshiku Onu
From: Yoshiku Onu @ 2023-07-14 13:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi!

I'm using the 'english-dvorak' input-method, (M-x set-input-method <CR>
english-dvorak).

When using Caps Lock, it works fine for the keys that would normally be
letters on a QWERTY layout. However, for the keys that would normally be
symbols on a QWERTY layout, such as the ';', '.' and '/' keys, it
doesn't capitalize them.

I see that this is also a problem with the Russian and Bulgarian input
methods.

Is this a known problem? Is there any way I can solve or workaround this
problem?

--

YO

* Re: Caps Lock For Input Methods That Use Symbol Keys As Letter Keys
@ 2023-07-15 18:32 ` Emanuel Berg
From: Emanuel Berg @ 2023-07-15 18:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Yoshiku Onu wrote:

> When using Caps Lock, it works fine for the keys that would
> normally be letters on a QWERTY layout. However, for the
> keys that would normally be symbols on a QWERTY layout, such
> as the ';', '.' and '/' keys, it doesn't capitalize them.

See this for custom up- and downcasing on CAPS, see

  https://dataswamp.org/~incal/emacs-init/caps-back.el

But: Do you really want to upcase ':', '.', and '/' - since they
don't have a case, even?

Or, if you do, the first step is then to decide what upcasing
them really means.

You want CAPS to subsequently output the SHIFT chars, i.e.
for your three examples, ':', '>' and '?' ?

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal