* how to automate a code
@ 2014-09-15 10:50 Renato Pontefice
       [not found] ` <mailman.8916.1410792630.1147.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Renato Pontefice @ 2014-09-15 10:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,
it's still me... with same question:

How can I automate this elisp code, that works, if I paste on emacs
(while (and (not (eobp))
            (search-forward "[-" nil 'move))
  (skip-chars-forward "A-Z")
  (unless (looking-at "-]")
    (message "Problem found, please fix and hit C-M-c to continue")
    (recursive-edit)))

I'm sorry, but I lost my self on the previous thread :-( (my english is not so good :-( )

All I need, is to run this code when I press a button (or better a key, keybind...)

Can someone tell me how to do that?

TIA

Renato

* Re: how to automate a code
@ 2014-09-15 14:50 ` Alex Kost
       [not found] ` <mailman.8916.1410792630.1147.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Alex Kost @ 2014-09-15 14:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Renato Pontefice; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Renato Pontefice (2014-09-15 14:50 +0400) wrote:

> Hi,
> it's still me... with same question:
>
> How can I automate this elisp code, that works, if I paste on emacs
> (while (and (not (eobp))
>             (search-forward "[-" nil 'move))
>   (skip-chars-forward "A-Z")
>   (unless (looking-at "-]")
>     (message "Problem found, please fix and hit C-M-c to continue")
>     (recursive-edit)))
>
> I'm sorry, but I lost my self on the previous thread :-( (my english is not so good :-( )
>
> All I need, is to run this code when I press a button (or better a key, keybind...)
>
> Can someone tell me how to do that?

1. You can define an interactive function:

(defun my-working-code ()
  "Some really useful thing."
  (interactive)
  (while (and (not (eobp))
              (search-forward "[-" nil 'move))
    (skip-chars-forward "A-Z")
    (unless (looking-at "-]")
      (message "Problem found, please fix and hit C-M-c to continue")
      (recursive-edit))))

2. And bind it to any key you want:

(global-set-key (kbd "C-S-z") 'my-working-code)

Hint: string in the (kbd ...) is the same as you see after pressing
"C-h c ..."

* Re: how to automate a code
       [not found] ` <mailman.8916.1410792630.1147.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2014-09-16  7:55   ` Renato Pontefice
From: Renato Pontefice @ 2014-09-16  7:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

YEEEESSS!!!!!! IT WORKS!!!!!
sorry for my enthusiasm...  :-), but all works at "first time"!!!

first of all, I want to thank, all the people that help me, to do that. I don't know nor elisp neither lisp, but I managed to get the result with you help.

Thans to all.

Renato

ps
now I will continue to improve this script :-) So, you will see me again.