* passwords not visible in symmetric encryption
@ 2020-08-22 11:50 Colin Baxter
From: Colin Baxter @ 2020-08-22 11:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello,

I have two authinfo files whose contents are identical. One is encrypted
using one of my gnupg keys (~/path/to/key-encrypted/file.gpg) and the other is
symmetrically encrypted
(~/different/path/to/symmetric-encrypted/.file.gpg). The latter is a
hidden file, whereas the former is not.

When I open the symmetrically encrypted file using emacs-27.1, the
passwords are replaced by four stars ****. This is not the case when I
open the key-encrypted file, where all the passwords are shown in
clear. I see all the passwords in clear when I open either file using
emacs-26.3.

I want the same behaviour when I open both files with emacs-27.1. How do
I achieve this?

I'm using gpg 2.0.26.

Colin Baxter.