Manuel Giraud wrote: > Christoph Groth writes: > > > With Emacs 28.2 the default font is now much too small (I’m not even > > sure whether it’s still Terminus). It is possible to choose > > Terminus with M-x menu-set-font, but this shows the same tiny font > > independently of the chosen size. > > FWIW, I'm still on "LoDPi" displays and I'm too using a bitmap font > (uw-ttyp0 for me). I' running current (bleeding edge) Emacs with > cairo and my font are correct. I do not use 'default-frame-alist but > I'm setting font with: (set-frame-font "Terminus-16") for instance. > Could you try it? > > To see (among other things) the font used font a character, you could > type 'C-u C-x =' on said character. Hi, Thanks for the suggestion. As said, I’m running Emacs 28.2 from Debian stable. When I execute (set-frame-font "Terminus-16") the effect is the same as choosing Terminus through M-x menu-set-font: the default face changes into a small monospace font, independently of the actually requested size. Using C-u C-x = provides: ftcrhb:-PfEd-Terminus-normal-normal-normal-*-12-*-*-*-c-*-iso10646-1 (#x33) I find this strange, because it seems that a bitmap font can be displayed after all, but only in one fixed size. Still, as far as I am concerned I have made peace with the switch to DejaVu Sans... (Which, I hear, is now superseded by the Noto family of fonts, but hey, one step at a time.) Cheers Christoph