* Occur and Region Operations
@ 2004-05-03 16:17 Artist
From: Artist @ 2004-05-03 16:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

I like to know, how I can achieve following.

I like to apply occur on a file. So it can select some matching lines
via regexp.
Now, how I can consider the 'selected lines' as region and apply some
operations on it, which will reflect in original file.

Thanks.

* Re: Occur and Region Operations
@ 2004-05-03 21:23 ` Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 2004-05-03 21:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

googleartist@yahoo.com (Artist) writes:

> I like to apply occur on a file. So it can select some matching lines
> via regexp.
> Now, how I can consider the 'selected lines' as region and apply some
> operations on it, which will reflect in original file.

all.el

I've never used it but I remember that this might be what you need.
Or is it all-mode.el?  It's like the XEDIT command ALL.  (That's a
mainframe editor, perhaps, they don't mean the program that comes with
X11.)

Kai

* Re: Occur and Region Operations
@ 2004-05-05 14:24   ` Artist
From: Artist @ 2004-05-05 14:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kai Grossjohann <kai@emptydomain.de> wrote in message news:<87u0yx6w7v.fsf@emptyhost.emptydomain.de>...
> googleartist@yahoo.com (Artist) writes:
>
> > I like to apply occur on a file. So it can select some matching lines
> > via regexp.
> > Now, how I can consider the 'selected lines' as region and apply some
> > operations on it, which will reflect in original file.
>
> all.el
>
> I've never used it but I remember that this might be what you need.
> Or is it all-mode.el?  It's like the XEDIT command ALL.  (That's a
> mainframe editor, perhaps, they don't mean the program that comes with
> X11.)
>
> Kai

No,
 That's not it.
All.el =>  Load all files beneath a named directory.

* Re: Occur and Region Operations
@ 2004-05-05 17:06     ` Vagn Johansen
From: Vagn Johansen @ 2004-05-05 17:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

googleartist@yahoo.com (Artist) writes:

> Kai Grossjohann <kai@emptydomain.de> wrote
>> googleartist@yahoo.com (Artist) writes:
>>
>> > I like to apply occur on a file. So it can select some matching lines
>> > via regexp.
>> > Now, how I can consider the 'selected lines' as region and apply some
>> > operations on it, which will reflect in original file.
>>
>> all.el
>>
>> I've never used it but I remember that this might be what you need.
>> Or is it all-mode.el?  It's like the XEDIT command ALL.  (That's a
>> mainframe editor, perhaps, they don't mean the program that comes with
>> X11.)
>>
>> Kai
>
> No,
>  That's not it.
> All.el =>  Load all files beneath a named directory.

"all.el --- Edit all lines matching a given regexp." according to:

   http://www.anc.ed.ac.uk/~stephen/emacs/ell.html

>From all.el:

    ;;; Comments:

    ;; Just like occur, except that changes in the *All* buffer is
    ;; propagated to the original buffer.

--
Vagn Johansen