* copy/paste change font color
@ 2005-08-06 21:36 Baloff
       [not found] ` <mailman.2798.1123367949.20277.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Baloff @ 2005-08-06 21:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello
when I copy using the mouse, from a c++ mode frame to text-mode frame,
it keeps the same font color of the text I am pasting, how can I make
it to change the text color to that which is the default for the frame
it is being pasted into.

thanks

* Re: copy/paste change font color
@ 2005-08-06 22:05 ` Christian Plate
       [not found] ` <mailman.2798.1123367949.20277.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Christian Plate @ 2005-08-06 22:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Baloff <washdc@wash.edu> writes:
> when I copy using the mouse, from a c++ mode frame to text-mode frame,
> it keeps the same font color of the text I am pasting, how can I make
> it to change the text color to that which is the default for the frame
> it is being pasted into.

You could customize "yank-excluded-properties" so that the face is not
copied. To do this, "M-x customize-option RET yank-excluded-properties"
click on the last INS to insert a new value and fill into the new field
"face".

This way the copied text won't get colored.

Regards, Christian

* Re: copy/paste change font color
@ 2005-08-07  9:29     ` Christian Plate
From: Christian Plate @ 2005-08-07  9:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Baloff <vddr2u@bi.edu.gr> writes:
> on my system
> M-x customize-option RET yank<tab> yields yank-menu-length
> humm

Oh, sorry. I'm using Emacs from CVS. I just checked, in the latest
stable release this option is not there.

But you could do "M-g d" on your text.

| M-g d runs the command facemenu-set-default
|    which is an interactive Lisp function.
| (facemenu-set-default)
|
| Select face `default' for subsequent insertion.
`----

This works in my 21.3 and sets the default face for the region.

Regards, Christian

@ 2005-08-07 16:08   ` Baloff
From: Baloff @ 2005-08-07 16:08 UTC (permalink / raw)