* How to support skeleton in emacs?
@ 2006-09-14  1:03 jronald
From: jronald @ 2006-09-14  1:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Take C++ for example:

I typed "if", then it displays:

if () {
}

with the cursor inside the parentheses.

type: while
result:

while () {
}

I'm lazy to define them myself. Is there exist one?

* Re: How to support skeleton in emacs?
@ 2006-09-14 15:12 ` Kevin Rodgers
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2006-09-14 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

jronald wrote:
> Take C++ for example:
>
> I typed "if", then it displays:
>
> if () {
> }
>
> with the cursor inside the parentheses.
>
> type: while
> result:
>
> while () {
> }
>
> I'm lazy to define them myself. Is there exist one?

I don't know if any of these will meet your needs, but here are a couple
things I found by searching the Emacs Wiki for "skeleton":

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/mcskels.el
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/ElseMode

--
Kevin

* Re: How to support skeleton in emacs?
@ 2006-09-14 18:18 ` robert.thorpe
From: robert.thorpe @ 2006-09-14 18:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

jronald wrote:
> Take C++ for example:
>
> I typed "if", then it displays:
>
> if () {
> }
>
> with the cursor inside the parentheses.
>
> type: while
> result:
>
> while () {
> }
>
> I'm lazy to define them myself. Is there exist one?

You can use the skeleton modes mentioned.

Also, M-S-( produces "()" and put the cursor in the middle of the two,
which may be useful.

* Re: How to support skeleton in emacs?
@ 2006-09-16 21:27 ` Benjamin Rutt
From: Benjamin Rutt @ 2006-09-16 21:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

"jronald" <followait@163.com> writes:

> Take C++ for example:
>
> I typed "if", then it displays:
>
> if () {
> }
>
> with the cursor inside the parentheses.
>
> type: while
> result:
>
> while () {
> }
>
> I'm lazy to define them myself. Is there exist one?

msf-abbrev can do this:  http://www.bloomington.in.us/~brutt/msf-abbrev.html

requires unreleased emacs though

--
Benjamin Rutt