* two more emacs questions
@ 2006-11-17 19:05 Vadim Bendebury
From: Vadim Bendebury @ 2006-11-17 19:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Say I want to search for other occurences of a word which the cursor is ot.
I hit C-s C-w C-s and off it goes. The problem is when the word includes
underscores - each C-w moves the mark to the next underscore, nit to the end
ofthe word. Is there a way to configure emacs such that underscore is
considered part of the word?

Another emacs annoyance (at least for us, unfortunate users of other, less
priviledged editors ;-)) is its handling of undo. It does not consider
highligting of the part of the file (like setting marks around a block of
code) a separate operation. Say I highlighted a 10 line block, cut it, moved
the cursor to another place in the file and pasted the block there. Then I
wanted to actually decrease the amount of moved code. I hit undo a few
times, it does put the code back where it came from, but it skips the
highlighting step, so at this time, if I wanted to move a 9 line block
instead of 10 - I need to highlight the entire block again instead of just
shrinking the highlighted area by a line. Is there a way to make it consider
highligting a part of the command sequence and folow it in the undo path?

TIA,
/vb