* Showing Emacs in two places at once with synchronized screens?
@ 2008-08-31  2:20 tyler spivey
From: tyler spivey @ 2008-08-31  2:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello. I would like to run emacs inside of X, in order to get access to using
different keys as modifiers (super, hyper, etc) that I define. Also,
I want to be able to show the emacs on another console,
leave my screen reader on that console, and go. The console
would need to keep up with the emacs dispayed on the
X session. I'm rather new to all
of this, so appologize if this is something simple that I've overlooked. Here
is what I've tried so far:

1. I've tried CVS emacs in multitty mode (starting emacs on one console,
m-x server-start, switching to another console and running emacsclient -t. This
seems to work, but the
point isn't being synchronized between the two frames.

2. Running inside a screen and attaching from somewhere else with screen -xR also
works, but I lose the ability to use shift or the other modifiers, e.g. ctrl-shift-f. What else can I try to get this to work,
or am I going about it in the wrong way?

* Re: Showing Emacs in two places at once with synchronized screens?
@ 2008-08-31 14:04 ` David Hansen
From: David Hansen @ 2008-08-31 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Sun, 31 Aug 2008 02:20:58 +0000 (UTC) tyler spivey wrote:

> 1. I've tried CVS emacs in multitty mode (starting emacs on one console,
> m-x server-start, switching to another console and running emacsclient -t. This
> seems to work, but the
> point isn't being synchronized between the two frames.

vnc (implies both sides have an X Server running, or some other
graphical environment supported by vnc) or screen (both sides use a
terminal emulator and no special keys) come to my mind.

David