* gnuplot not showing anything in calc mode
@ 2010-06-22 12:12 Alberto Luaces
From: Alberto Luaces @ 2010-06-22 12:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello,

I'm trying to do some graphics in calc mode with gnuplot. In order to
start easily, I set two vectors and pressed `g f'

2:  [1, 2, 3, 4, 5]
1:  [10, 20, 30, 40, 50]

However, nothing happens. The *Message* window only displays
"Working...".

I have gnuplot installed on my system, and the variable
`calc-gnuplot-name' is correctly set to "gnuplot".

Any further tip in order to debug this?

Alberto

* Re: gnuplot not showing anything in calc mode
@ 2010-06-22 20:27 ` Štěpán Němec
From: Štěpán Němec @ 2010-06-22 20:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alberto Luaces; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Alberto Luaces <aluaces@udc.es> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to do some graphics in calc mode with gnuplot. In order to
> start easily, I set two vectors and pressed `g f'
>
> 2:  [1, 2, 3, 4, 5]
> 1:  [10, 20, 30, 40, 50]
>
> However, nothing happens. The *Message* window only displays
> "Working...".
>
> I have gnuplot installed on my system, and the variable
> `calc-gnuplot-name' is correctly set to "gnuplot".
>
> Any further tip in order to debug this?
>
> Thanks,

Try to turn on debugging (M-x toggle-debug-on-error) and see if anything
shows up.

I had a problem with Calc supplying deprecated options to gnuplot
(should be fixed in Emacs Bazaar repository), maybe that's it?

    Štěpán

* Re: gnuplot not showing anything in calc mode
@ 2010-06-24  9:20   ` Alberto Luaces
From: Alberto Luaces @ 2010-06-24  9:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Štěpán Němec writes:

> Alberto Luaces <aluaces@udc.es> writes:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm trying to do some graphics in calc mode with gnuplot. In order to
>> start easily, I set two vectors and pressed `g f'
>>
>> 2:  [1, 2, 3, 4, 5]
>> 1:  [10, 20, 30, 40, 50]
>>
>> However, nothing happens. The *Message* window only displays
>> "Working...".
>>
>> I have gnuplot installed on my system, and the variable
>> `calc-gnuplot-name' is correctly set to "gnuplot".
>>
>> Any further tip in order to debug this?
>>
>> Thanks,
>
> Try to turn on debugging (M-x toggle-debug-on-error) and see if anything
> shows up.

No joy with this one but...

> I had a problem with Calc supplying deprecated options to gnuplot
> (should be fixed in Emacs Bazaar repository), maybe that's it?

... you hit the nail here, bzr version works fine with that
example. Thank you!

--
Alberto