* emacs customize observation
@ 2014-09-20 15:31 Jude DaShiell
From: Jude DaShiell @ 2014-09-20 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I failed to get M-x customize-browse to recognize that w3m was installed
on this machine even after putting (add-to-list 'load-path
"/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp-w3m/") in my .emacs file above all of the
other customizations M-x customize-browse did for me so ended up simply
leaving that 'load-path line where it was and putting the requisite
(require 'w3m-load) below that 'load-path line so now have a browser
available inside emacs.  I tried eww, and tried logging into my google
account with it but couldn't do that since although the email address
field and password fields showed, email wouldn't let me edit and the
browser didn't tell me when I was on the email edit field to either
activate the edit box control or pass it by.  Maybe somewhere during login
I have to hit enter, but I don't know the cursor's relative position in
relation to the other objects on that page.  I may try hitting enter in a
few places on that page and may find out later.

jude <jdashiel@shellworld.net>

* Re: emacs customize observation
       [not found] <mailman.9261.1411227112.1147.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2014-09-20 18:13 ` Emanuel Berg
From: Emanuel Berg @ 2014-09-20 18:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Jude DaShiell <jdashiel@shellworld.net> writes:

> Maybe somewhere during login I have to hit enter, but
> I don't know the cursor's relative position in
> relation to the other objects on that page. I may try
> hitting enter in a few places on that page and may
> find out later.

Are you using emacs-w3m? In that case, on the "Sign in
with your Google Account" page, hit whatever key you
have for w3m-next-anchor - I have that TAB, and
w3m-next-achor <backtab>, which are good choices, I
think. Anyway, on that site (assuming those keys) hit
TAB once to get to the E-mail field. Then hit RET and
enter the email. Then hit RET and hit TAB. Enter the
password and hit RET. Then hit `C-c C-c' for
`w3m-submit-form'. There isn't any other anchor on that
site before those fields (good, Google!) so it should
be possible for you to do.

PS. But... in the long run, because Google and their
    services are web based and graphical in nature,
    perhaps other technology would make your life
    easier?

--
underground experts united