* How do search commits by changes in VC?
@ 2023-03-27 16:35 ParetoOptimalDev via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
From: ParetoOptimalDev via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor @ 2023-03-27 16:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi all, I'm investigating replacing magit with VC.

I frequently use `magit-log` followed by `-G` in the transient to search
changes but wasn't sure how to do this in VC.  So my question is how do
you do that?

Before posting this I re-read the manual and I'm guessing most use this
method:

C-u C-x v l

Then change the command to include -p like:

git log -p --no-color -i --grep=

It seems like it would be even more convenient to display all diffs in the root
log accessed with `C-x v L` and use `C-s` for this purpose.

Is that possible? Or is there a better way to do what I'm asking for?

Thanks!

only message in thread, other threads:[~2023-03-27 16:35 UTC | newest]