* Simple Emacs Spreadsheet
@ 2008-01-26  3:24 Pete Axon
From: Pete Axon @ 2008-01-26  3:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Does anyone know where I can get the Simple Emacs Spreadsheet? The
home page is (according to http://emacswiki.org) here
http://home.comcast.net/~jyavner/ses but that has been giving a 404
for some time.

Any ideas?

--
Pete Axon

* Re: Simple Emacs Spreadsheet
@ 2008-01-26  5:16 ` Ross A. Laird
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Ross A. Laird @ 2008-01-26  5:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Pete Axon <paxon@bigblue.net.au> writes:

> Does anyone know where I can get the Simple Emacs Spreadsheet? The
> home page is (according to http://emacswiki.org) here
> http://home.comcast.net/~jyavner/ses but that has been giving a 404
> for some time.
>
> Any ideas?

I don't know about the Simple Emacs Spreadsheet, but I use the table
functions in org-mode to great effect for spreadsheet functions. (My
needs are simple: adding up rows and columns, making percentages, making
the odd mathematical adjustment -- nothing too serious. So, the tables
in org-mode may be too simple for what you need.)

Ross

--
Ross A. Laird, PhD
www.rosslaird.info

* Re: Simple Emacs Spreadsheet
@ 2008-01-26  5:21   ` Ross A. Laird
From: Ross A. Laird @ 2008-01-26  5:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

ross@rosslaird.info (Ross A. Laird) writes:

> Pete Axon <paxon@bigblue.net.au> writes:
>
>> Does anyone know where I can get the Simple Emacs Spreadsheet? The
>> home page is (according to http://emacswiki.org) here
>> http://home.comcast.net/~jyavner/ses but that has been giving a 404
>> for some time.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>
> I don't know about the Simple Emacs Spreadsheet, but I use the table
> functions in org-mode to great effect for spreadsheet functions. (My
> needs are simple: adding up rows and columns, making percentages, making
> the odd mathematical adjustment -- nothing too serious. So, the tables
> in org-mode may be too simple for what you need.)

I forgot to mention that in fact, you can do pretty much anything
mathematical in the tables that Emacs itself can do, so the tables are
actually a very powerful set of features (I just use them very simply).

Ross

--
Ross A. Laird, PhD
www.rosslaird.info

* Re: Simple Emacs Spreadsheet
@ 2008-01-26  6:58 ` Amy Templeton
From: Amy Templeton @ 2008-01-26  6:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Pete Axon <paxon@bigblue.net.au> wrote:
> Does anyone know where I can get the Simple Emacs Spreadsheet? The
> home page is (according to http://emacswiki.org) here
> http://home.comcast.net/~jyavner/ses but that has been giving a 404
> for some time.

I'm pretty sure it's included with Emacs nowadays, in the lisp
subdirectory...it definitely is with mine (Emacs 23), but I think it may
be in 22 as well. `(require 'ses)'--minus the quotes, of course--should,
I think, be sufficient if your Emacs is up-to-date...good luck.

Amy

* Re: Simple Emacs Spreadsheet
@ 2008-01-26 19:48 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2008-01-26 19:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> Does anyone know where I can get the Simple Emacs Spreadsheet?

It's in the Emacs-22.1 distribution.
If you have Emacs-22 (or more recent), just open a file with a ".ses"
extension and you have it.

* Re: Simple Emacs Spreadsheet
@ 2008-01-27  4:17   ` Pete Axon
From: Pete Axon @ 2008-01-27  4:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Thanks for the replys, there it is.

Thanks too Ross, I will look at tables.

--
Pete Axon

* Re: Simple Emacs Spreadsheet
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2008-01-27  5:56 ` Tim X
From: Tim X @ 2008-01-27  5:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Pete Axon <paxon@bigblue.net.au> writes:

> Does anyone know where I can get the Simple Emacs Spreadsheet? The
> home page is (according to http://emacswiki.org) here
> http://home.comcast.net/~jyavner/ses but that has been giving a 404
> for some time.
>
> Any ideas?

Its already part of emacs 22. Maybe upgrade to emacs 22?

Tim
--
tcross (at) rapttech dot com dot au