* Splitting a frame and restricting buffer display?
@ 2024-07-18 11:53 Robert Pluim
From: Robert Pluim @ 2024-07-18 11:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi, what Iʼm trying to achieve is that my Emacs frame is split
horizontally, with the two halves functioning independently: if I do
something that causes a new window to be created, and Iʼm in the left
half, that window should display on the left and only on the left. But
of course I still want to be able to move from the left half to the
right half.

Note that this is on a tty frame. If I was using gui frames I could
create two frames and put them side-by-side, but even then Iʼd have to
use something like `other-frame' to move, instead of `windmove-left'
or similar.

Is there already a package for this?

(I can achieve exactly this by running under tmux, and splitting
horizontally, with an emacs frame in each tmux pane, but then I have
to use tmux commands to move around instead of emacs commands).

Robert

only message in thread, other threads:[~2024-07-18 11:53 UTC | newest]