* Using Emacs
@ 2007-01-10 23:38 Graham Smith
From: Graham Smith @ 2007-01-10 23:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have just discovered Emacs and I now understand why people talk about
living in Emacs. To help me get a feel for how much of my work I might be
able to move into Emacs, I wondered if people might be willing to share how
much of their work is done in Emacs.

I am using  Windows (for the time being at least), and I am not a
programmer, but I will use Emacs as a front end for R. I am therefore
interested in Emacs as a writing, information/time management tool etc. I
have installed Org.mode and I am very impressed with this.

As it is going to need a little bit of thought on how to structure my new
Emacs world, I would appreciate any examples of how you use Emacs and hints
on "best practice" with Emacs.

So any comments would be gratefully received.

Many thanks,

Graham