* viewing and working on the kill-ring content
@ 2007-10-20 23:18 Dieter Wilhelm
From: Dieter Wilhelm @ 2007-10-20 23:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi

Is there a mode or a package which enables one to view the content of
the kill-ring in a more clearly arranged way then C-h v kill-ring,
more in the way of C-x C-b?

A nice thing would be the possibility to even edit some kills for
pasting.

--
    Best wishes

    H. Dieter Wilhelm
    Darmstadt, Germany

* RE: viewing and working on the kill-ring content
@ 2007-10-20 23:29 ` Drew Adams
From: Drew Adams @ 2007-10-20 23:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dieter Wilhelm, help-gnu-emacs

> Is there a mode or a package which enables one to view the content of
> the kill-ring in a more clearly arranged way then C-h v kill-ring,
> more in the way of C-x C-b?
>
> A nice thing would be the possibility to even edit some kills for
> pasting.

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/BrowseKillRing
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/emacs/browse-kill-ring.el
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/emacs/browse-kill-ring+.el

See also Icicles command `icicle-insert-kill': All kills matching a regexp
as completion candidates. Choose any. Edit the `kill-ring' by deleting
matching entries etc.

* Re: viewing and working on the kill-ring content
@ 2007-10-21  7:15   ` Dieter Wilhelm
From: Dieter Wilhelm @ 2007-10-21  7:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Drew Adams; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

>> Is there a mode or a package which enables one to view the content of
>> the kill-ring in a more clearly arranged way then C-h v kill-ring,
>> more in the way of C-x C-b?
>>
>> A nice thing would be the possibility to even edit some kills for
>> pasting.
>
> http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/BrowseKillRing
> http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/emacs/browse-kill-ring.el
> http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/emacs/browse-kill-ring+.el

Thank you Drew (I really searched for it in the EmacsWiki but I only
did it with "kill-ring" and got nothing helpful, I should have tried
KillRing).

> See also Icicles command `icicle-insert-kill': All kills matching a regexp
> as completion candidates. Choose any. Edit the `kill-ring' by deleting
> matching entries etc.

Now it's high time to have a look at Icicles, thanks again.

--
    Best wishes

    H. Dieter Wilhelm
    Darmstadt, Germany