* terminal settings for emacs over remote ssh
@ 2009-06-27  8:52 Stefan Vollmar
From: Stefan Vollmar @ 2009-06-27  8:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello,

this is probably a very old question, sorry for having to ask again: I
want to use Emacs 22.2.1 (Fedora Core 10, x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu)
using a remote ssh-connection from a MacOS X terminal, also from a
PuTTY session on a windows box (both in a rather old-fashioned way).
In both cases I find that when opening a text in Emacs, the very first
line starts at the right-most column. Moving down with the cursor will
increment the line position not in the status line (last line) but
rather in the last but one line.

My guess is that the terminal emulation is the problem, I have tried
vt100 and xterm, as mentioned above, it is nothing MacOS or Windows
specific wrong with the ssh-connection, I also made sure not to use
any Emacs customizations.

Any help is appreciated.
Many thanks in advance,
Dr. Stefan Vollmar, Dipl.-Phys.
Max-Planck-Institut für neurologische Forschung
Gleuelerstr. 50, 50931 Köln, Germany
Tel.: +49-221-4726-213  FAX +49-221-4726-298
Tel.: +49-221-478-5713  Mobile: 0160-93874279
Email: vollmar@nf.mpg.de   http://www.nf.mpg.de