* eshell command substitution?
@ 2023-12-23 15:39 Jeff Clough
From: Jeff Clough @ 2023-12-23 15:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-help

Good Morning!

Does eshell have command substitution? If so, can someone point me to
its syntax. My search-fu is failing me.

My usual use case...

$ g++ base.cpp -o base `pkg-config gtkmm-3.0 --cflags --libs`

Backticks don't work, nor does $(...) unsurprisingly.

I've gotta be missing something glaringly obvious here, but I can't find
an answer.

Jeff