* Lookup the key-bindings of a function
@ 2008-10-06 10:30 Nordlöw
From: Nordlöw @ 2008-10-06 10:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

How can I lookup, if present, the key-bindings bound to a function?

Thanks in advance,
Nordlöw

* Re: Lookup the key-bindings of a function
@ 2008-10-06 11:10 ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2008-10-06 11:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi!

,----[ C-h k C-h w ]
| C-h w runs the command where-is, which is an interactive compiled Lisp function
| in `help.el'.
|
| It is bound to C-h w, <f1> w, <help> w.
|
| (where-is definition &optional insert)
|
| Print message listing key sequences that invoke the command definition.
| Argument is a command definition, usually a symbol with a function definition.
| If insert (the prefix arg) is non-nil, insert the message in the buffer.
`----

Bye,
Tassilo

* Re: Lookup the key-bindings of a function
@ 2008-10-06 11:21 ` Bernardo Bacic
       [not found]   ` <mailman.353.1223292167.25473.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Bernardo Bacic @ 2008-10-06 11:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> How can I lookup, if present, the key-bindings bound to a function?
C-h <function-name> usually displays the key bindings
or did you want access this info programmatically?

* Re: Lookup the key-bindings of a function
@ 2008-10-06 11:22   ` Bernardo Bacic
       [not found]   ` <mailman.353.1223292167.25473.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Bernardo Bacic @ 2008-10-06 11:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

>> How can I lookup, if present, the key-bindings bound to a function?
> C-h <function-name> usually displays the key bindings
> or did you want access this info programmatically?

make that C-h f <function-name>

@ 2008-10-06 11:39     ` Nordlöw
From: Nordlöw @ 2008-10-06 11:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On 6 Okt, 13:22, Bernardo Bacic <bernardo.ba...@pobox.com> wrote:
> >> How can I lookup, if present, the key-bindings bound to a function?
> > C-h <function-name> usually displays the key bindings
> > or did you want access this info programmatically?
>
> make that C-h f <function-name>

Forgot to tell you all: How do I do this programmatically? I want to
automatically create a quick-sheet for the most used functions and the
keybindings.

@ 2008-10-06 12:44       ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2008-10-06 12:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Nordlöw <per.nordlow@gmail.com> writes:

Hi!

> Forgot to tell you all: How do I do this programmatically?

(where-is-internal 'org-agenda) ;; <== C-x C-e
==> ([3 111 97])                ;; which is `C-c o a'

If you want the key as string `kbd' would accept, use:

(mapcar 'key-description (where-is-internal 'org-agenda))

Bye,
Tassilo