* how to tick entire thread
@ 2008-09-08  2:39 Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2008-09-08  2:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Is there a command to tick or even better mark dormant a whole thread
in one go?

I'm probably blind but looking though the available commands with the
term `tick' in them I didn't find one that appears to do that.

* Re: how to tick entire thread
       [not found] <mailman.18720.1220841609.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2008-09-08  6:17 ` Niels Giesen
From: Niels Giesen @ 2008-09-08  6:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> Is there a command to tick or even better mark dormant a whole thread
> in one go?
>
> I'm probably blind but looking though the available commands with the
> term `tick' in them I didn't find one that appears to do that.

Under the presumption you are talking about gnus, I think you mean:

C-M-k runs the command gnus-summary-kill-thread
  which is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `gnus-sum.el'.
It is bound to C-M-k, T k, <menu-bar> <Threads> <Mark thread as read>.
(gnus-summary-kill-thread &optional UNMARK)

Mark articles under current thread as read.
If the prefix argument is positive, remove any kinds of marks.
If the prefix argument is negative, tick articles instead.
                                    ^^^^

--
http://niels.kicks-ass.org

* Re: how to tick entire thread
@ 2008-09-08 14:43   ` Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2008-09-08 14:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Niels Giesen <niels.giesen@gmail.com> writes:

>> Is there a command to tick or even better mark dormant a whole thread
>> in one go?
>>
>> I'm probably blind but looking though the available commands with the
>> term `tick' in them I didn't find one that appears to do that.
>>

> Under the presumption you are talking about gnus, I think you mean:

I inadvertently posted here rather than the gnus group.  Saw my error
and then tried to cancel my post... apparently the cancellation did
not work.

But still got the answer I was after... thanks

> C-M-k runs the command gnus-summary-kill-thread
>   which is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `gnus-sum.el'.
> It is bound to C-M-k, T k, <menu-bar> <Threads> <Mark thread as read>.
> (gnus-summary-kill-thread &optional UNMARK)
>
> Mark articles under current thread as read.
> If the prefix argument is positive, remove any kinds of marks.
> If the prefix argument is negative, tick articles instead.

Yup thats what I wanted... thanks again