* insert-file-contents doesn't obey load-path?
@ 2008-10-03  4:58 Martin Magnusson
From: Martin Magnusson @ 2008-10-03  4:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I'm trying to clean up my .emacs setup, with different files for the
settings that are common among the hosts I work on and the settings
local to each machine. But I've run into trouble with dmacro-load and
file paths.

In my local .emacs, I have:

(setq load-path (append (list "~/.common/emacs/") load-path))
(load "~/.common/emacs/.emacs"))

And in .common/emacs/.emacs, I do:

(load "dmacro")
(dmacro-load "c.dm")

But then emacs complains about not being able to find the file c.dm
(which is in .common/emacs/). dmacro-load uses insert-file-contents to
load macro files. Shouldn't that function make use of the load-path?
If not, how can I make it find my dmacro files?

* Re: insert-file-contents doesn't obey load-path?
@ 2008-10-03 14:48 ` Paul R
From: Paul R @ 2008-10-03 14:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Martin Magnusson; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

On Thu, 2 Oct 2008 21:58:42 -0700 (PDT), Martin Magnusson <loveslave@frustratedhousewives.zzn.com> said:

Martin>  dmacro-load uses insert-file-contents to load macro files.
Martin> Shouldn't that function make use of the load-path?

No.

If you really want to use load-path for something else than (load ...)
or (require ...), you will have to do it manually, iterating through
load-path.

--
  Paul