* emacs's handling of aspell misses some mistakes
@ 2008-10-08  9:35 Gijs Hillenius
From: Gijs Hillenius @ 2008-10-08  9:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello,

What could be the cause of (my) Emacs' handling of aspell to miss
certain spelling errors?

Here is an example -- I just misspelled the Dutch word 'kanttekening',
(an annotation, a marginal note). I omitted one 't'. M-x ispell-word did
not sound any alarm. That *is* strange, for running aspell from the
command line on the same file does point to the error.

my .emacs contains

,----
| (setq-default ispell-program-name "aspell")
| (setq ispell-extra-args '("--sug-mode=ultra"))
| (set-default 'ispell-local-dictionary "nederlands")
`----

Note: I don't keep a local list of words. In this case I use the latest
Dutch dictionary, aspell-nl 1.1.00-2 (in Debian).

Thx

Gijs

only message in thread, other threads:[~2008-10-08  9:35 UTC | newest]