* why there is no kill-page command
@ 2023-11-14 10:15 Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2023-11-14 10:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi

In order to kill a page, I have to run
C-x C-p
C-w

So is there a good reason why there is no kill-page command?

Regards

--
I strongly condemn Hamas heinous atrocities on Israel, especially the despicable pogroms.
I strongly condemn Putin's war of aggression against Ukraine.

* Re: why there is no kill-page command
@ 2023-11-14 10:39 ` Po Lu
From: Po Lu @ 2023-11-14 10:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

> Hi
>
> In order to kill a page, I have to run
> C-x C-p
> C-w
>
> So is there a good reason why there is no kill-page command?
>
> Regards

Because it is equivalent to C-x C-p C-w, as you so pointedly mention.

Such actions are not so frequent as to warrant a command of their own,
and a command will be pointless absent a default keybinding, while our
keymaps are filled to repletion such that introducing a new binding
shorter than "C-x C-p C-w" will assuredly bring on weeks upon weeks of
gut-wrenching hairsplitting on which existing bindings it is to replace.