Robert Pontisso writes: > Hi. I've been having difficulty finding a non-greedy regular > expression to match a single instance of an xml-type tag pair in > a line. Given a line with several instances of ..., is > there a version of .* that won't match everything between > the beginning of the first pair and closing of the last pair? Is «.*?» what you're looking for? -- /!\ My mail address changed, please update your files accordingly. | Michaėl `Micha' Cadilhac | Si les religions etaient aussi tole- | | Epita/LRDE Promo 2007 | rantes qu'elles le pretendent, il y | | http://michael.cadilhac.name | a longtemps qu'il n'y en aurait plus | `-- - JID: micha@amessage.be --' -- Moustic - --'