* Embedding external application in emacs (or using emacs to control exeternal application)
@ 2008-10-28 17:32 Corey Foote
From: Corey Foote @ 2008-10-28 17:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Is there a way to embed external application (such as
firefox) inside an Emacs buffer and use Emacs to control them? If not, would it be possible to simply send an external application (again like firefox) a command from within emacs without it being embedded. For example, say I was working on an HTML page in emacs and wanted to preview my changes by refreshing the page in firefox. I would just like to be able to say something like M-x refresh-firefox, and not have to click over to the firefox window to his refresh myself. What
would be required to add this feature?
http://windowslive.com/connect/post/wedowindowslive.spaces.live.com-Blog-cns!20EE04FBC541789!167.entry?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_hotmail_092008