* Options menu
@ 2005-08-23  8:45 Baloff
From: Baloff @ 2005-08-23  8:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello

I am looking for Options -> Show/Hide -> Tool-bar.
not here, any body knows where they went
here is my Options menu.
Emacs 21.4.1

Possible completions are:
s==>Syntax Highlighting (Global Font Lock mode)
a==>Active Region Highlighting (Transient Mark mode)
p==>Paren Match Highlighting (Show Paren mode)
t==>Truncate Long Lines in this Buffer
w==>Word Wrap in Text Modes (Auto Fill)
c==>Case-Insensitive Search	   u==>Use Directory Names in Buffer Names
S==>Save Place in Files between Sessions
A==>Automatic File De/compression  e==>Enter Debugger on Error
E==>Enter Debugger on Quit/C-g	   m==>Mule (Multilingual Environment)
o==>Save Options		   C==>Customize Emacs

thanks

* Re: Options menu
@ 2005-08-23  8:47 ` Sébastien Kirche
From: Sébastien Kirche @ 2005-08-23  8:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 10:08 on aoû 23 2005, Baloff said :

> I am looking for Options -> Show/Hide -> Tool-bar.
> not here, any body knows where they went
> here is my Options menu.

I don't know where your menu is gone,
but you can toggle the toolbar with M-x tool-bar-mode

HTH.
--
Sébastien Kirche

* Re: Options menu
@ 2005-08-24 16:58   ` Baloff
From: Baloff @ 2005-08-24 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sébastien Kirche <sebastien.kirche.no@spam.free.fr.invalid> writes:

> At 10:08 on aoû 23 2005, Baloff said :
>
> > I am looking for Options -> Show/Hide -> Tool-bar.
> > not here, any body knows where they went
> > here is my Options menu.
>
> I don't know where your menu is gone,
> but you can toggle the toolbar with M-x tool-bar-mode
>
> HTH.
> --
> Sébastien Kirche

I want to hide the tool bar so that it does not show next time I start
emacs, M-x tool-bar-mode, Options -> Save Options. here is the Custom
part of my .emacs, now when I restart emacs, the tool bar shows again.
am I doing something wrong?

thanks

(require 'xcscope) ;"$man cscope" for more info
(custom-set-variables
  ;; custom-set-variables was added by Custom -- don't edit or cut/paste it!
 '(case-fold-search t)
 '(current-language-environment "English")
 '(ecb-options-version "2.27")
 '(global-font-lock-mode t nil (font-lock))
 '(gnus-summary-line-format "%U%R%z%I%(%[%4L: %-20,20n%]%) %s
")
 '(initial-major-mode (quote text-mode))
 '(text-mode-hook (quote (turn-on-auto-fill text-mode-hook-identify flyspell-mode)))
 '(transient-mark-mode t))
(custom-set-faces
  ;; custom-set-faces was added by Custom -- don't edit or cut/paste it!
 )

* Re: Options menu
@ 2005-08-25  0:40     ` Sean Sieger
From: Sean Sieger @ 2005-08-25  0:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Baloff <washdc@wash.edu> writes:

   I want to hide the tool bar so that it does not show next time I start
   emacs, M-x tool-bar-mode, Options -> Save Options. here is the Custom
   part of my .emacs, now when I restart emacs, the tool bar shows again.
   am I doing something wrong?

Put this is your .emacs, Baloff.

(tool-bar-mode 0)

I think I learned that at emacswiki.