* JDE and Sun Java6
@ 2007-03-13 13:38 Malte Spiess
From: Malte Spiess @ 2007-03-13 13:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

I need some C-h err I mean help with my jde. I'm running the Emacs
snapshot here from Debian Sid and Sun Java6, my jde version is 2.3.5.1.

Unfortunately, jde makes some trouble.
Each time I type in C-c C-v C-c (jde-compile), I get:
,----
| The JDE does not recognize JDK 1.6 javac. Assume JDK 1.5 javac?(yes or no)
`----

Running a program won't do at all. I always get
,----
| cd /home/mspiess/java/src/mspiess/test/
| /usr/bin/java mspiess.test.Rotate
|
| Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: mspiess/test/Rotate
|
| Process mspiess.test.Rotate exited abnormally with code 1
`----

Well, it is in "/home/mspiess/java/bin/mspiess/test/", but I think I've
set the right paths...

Unlike my normal proceeding, I have used the customize stuff here. These
are my jde options.
,----
| '(jde-compile-option-deprecation t)
| '(jde-compile-option-directory "/home/mspiess/java/bin")
| '(jde-compile-option-sourcepath (quote ("/home/mspiess/java/src")))
| '(jde-compiler (quote ("javac" "/usr/bin/javac")))
| '(jde-help-docsets (quote (("JDK API" "/usr/share/doc/sun-java6-doc/html/api/" nil))))
| '(jde-javadoc-gen-destination-directory "~/java/doc/")
| '(jde-javadoc-gen-packages (quote ("~/java/src/")))
| '(jde-run-option-boot-classpath (quote ("append" "/home/mspiess/java/bin/")))
| '(jde-vm-path "/usr/bin/java")
`----

Btw. the doc thing won't work at all! This is not as bad as the rest,
but still...

Any hints would be appreciated.

Greetings

Malte

* Re: JDE and Sun Java6
@ 2007-03-14 17:52 ` Robert Thorpe
       [not found] ` <mailman.1031.1174072219.7795.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Robert Thorpe @ 2007-03-14 17:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Mar 13, 1:38 pm, Malte Spiess <i1tn...@arcor.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need some C-h err I mean help with my jde. I'm running the Emacs
> snapshot here from Debian Sid and Sun Java6, my jde version is 2.3.5.1.

I don't know about jde, but you could try asking on the jde mailing
list at
http://jdee.sunsite.dk/

* Re: JDE and Sun Java6
@ 2007-03-14 21:09   ` Malte Spiess
       [not found]     ` <mailman.944.1173914715.7795.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Malte Spiess @ 2007-03-14 21:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

"Robert Thorpe" <rthorpe@realworldtech.com> writes:

> On Mar 13, 1:38 pm, Malte Spiess <i1tn...@arcor.de> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I need some C-h err I mean help with my jde. I'm running the Emacs
>> snapshot here from Debian Sid and Sun Java6, my jde version is 2.3.5.1.
>
> I don't know about jde, but you could try asking on the jde mailing
> list at
> http://jdee.sunsite.dk/

Yeah, that would have been my second approach. Unfortunately this
project doesn't seem to be very active anymore... :-(

Java6 is around for quite a while.

Greetings

Malte

* Re: JDE and Sun Java6
@ 2007-03-14 23:24     ` Lennart Borgman (gmail)
       [not found]     ` <mailman.944.1173914715.7795.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Lennart Borgman (gmail) @ 2007-03-14 23:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Malte Spiess; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Malte Spiess wrote:
> "Robert Thorpe" <rthorpe@realworldtech.com> writes:
>
>> On Mar 13, 1:38 pm, Malte Spiess <i1tn...@arcor.de> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I need some C-h err I mean help with my jde. I'm running the Emacs
>>> snapshot here from Debian Sid and Sun Java6, my jde version is 2.3.5.1.
>> I don't know about jde, but you could try asking on the jde mailing
>> list at
>> http://jdee.sunsite.dk/
>
> Yeah, that would have been my second approach. Unfortunately this
> project doesn't seem to be very active anymore... :-(
>
> Java6 is around for quite a while.
>
> Greetings
>
> Malte

There have been some messages on the jdee mailing list lately about
using jdee with Emacs 22 pretest.

* Re: JDE and Sun Java6
       [not found]     ` <mailman.944.1173914715.7795.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2007-03-15  7:56       ` Malte Spiess
From: Malte Spiess @ 2007-03-15  7:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

"Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <lennart.borgman@gmail.com> writes:

> Malte Spiess wrote:

>>> I don't know about jde, but you could try asking on the jde mailing
>>> list at
>>> http://jdee.sunsite.dk/
>>
>> Yeah, that would have been my second approach. Unfortunately this
>> project doesn't seem to be very active anymore... :-(
>>
>> Java6 is around for quite a while.
>>
>> Greetings
>>
>> Malte
>

> There have been some messages on the jdee mailing list lately about using jdee
> with Emacs 22 pretest.

Yes, but it's only about that semantic bug. This has been discussed
here, too. Still I'll give it a try. Unfortunately there is no entry
about Sun Java 6 so far... :-(

Greetings

Malte

* Re: JDE and Sun Java6
@ 2007-03-16 19:06 ` Jiri Pejchal
       [not found] ` <mailman.1031.1174072219.7795.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Jiri Pejchal @ 2007-03-16 19:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Malte Spiess <i1tnews@arcor.de> writes:

> I need some C-h err I mean help with my jde. I'm running the Emacs
> snapshot here from Debian Sid and Sun Java6, my jde version is 2.3.5.1.
>
> Unfortunately, jde makes some trouble.
> Each time I type in C-c C-v C-c (jde-compile), I get:
> ,----
> | The JDE does not recognize JDK 1.6 javac. Assume JDK 1.5 javac?(yes or no)
> `----
>
> Running a program won't do at all. I always get

I'm running Debian unstable, emacs-snapshot-gtk, cedet from from cvs,
java 6 and "Hello world" compiles and runs fine.

You can get rid of the warning with customizing jde-jdk-registry and
setting jdk version to 1.5.0 :-)

'(jde-jdk-registry (quote (("1.5.0" . "/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.00"))))

--
Jiri Pejchal

* Re: JDE and Sun Java6
       [not found] ` <mailman.1031.1174072219.7795.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2007-03-16 21:37   ` Malte Spiess
From: Malte Spiess @ 2007-03-16 21:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Jiri Pejchal <jiri.pejchal@gmail.com> writes:

> Malte Spiess <i1tnews@arcor.de> writes:
>
>> I need some C-h err I mean help with my jde. I'm running the Emacs
>> snapshot here from Debian Sid and Sun Java6, my jde version is 2.3.5.1.
>>
>> Unfortunately, jde makes some trouble.
>> Each time I type in C-c C-v C-c (jde-compile), I get:
>> ,----
>> | The JDE does not recognize JDK 1.6 javac. Assume JDK 1.5 javac?(yes or no)
>> `----
>>
>> Running a program won't do at all. I always get
>
> I'm running Debian unstable, emacs-snapshot-gtk, cedet from from cvs,
> java 6 and "Hello world" compiles and runs fine.

So does it here (compliling). It's just that I always get this
warning.

And I probably really forgot to set some path for the running of the
program, but somehow I think that was not necessary with Java 1.5. I'm
not 100% sure though.

Other things like the doku seem to be a little problematic, too. I'm
just curious about if that is because of the Java version or because I
have forgotten to set some crucial preferences.

> You can get rid of the warning with customizing jde-jdk-registry and
> setting jdk version to 1.5.0 :-)
>
> '(jde-jdk-registry (quote (("1.5.0" . "/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.00"))))

Yeah, thought of that, too. I just hope that this does not change the
code (in Java 5 compatibility mode or sth. like that).

But probably this is the best solution so far.

> --
> Jiri Pejchal

Greetings

Malte Spiess