* greader - g-client from emacspeak - does it still function?
@ 2011-06-15  9:25 Jonathan Groll
From: Jonathan Groll @ 2011-06-15  9:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Been wanting to try out the Emacs Google Reader client, greader, that
is distributed as part of emacspeak:

http://emacspeak.blogspot.com/2007/03/emacs-client-for-google-services.html

Using only the g-client from emacspeak itself (rather than the
spearately distributed g-client which gives a g-cus-load error)
nothing much seems to happen when executing M-x greader-reading-list
RET. I get asked for my gmail account and password, authentication
seems to happen and then I get dropped at an about emacs w3m buffer
with "Welcome to emacs-w3m!".

Is g-client still maintained and known to work with google-reader
today?

Emacsclient version is 34 from http://code.google.com/p/emacspeak/ and
only added the g-client directory to my path, not the full emacspeak.

Cheers,
Jonathan
--
jjg: Jonathan J. Groll : groll co za
has_one { :blog => "http://bloggroll.com" }

* Re: greader - g-client from emacspeak - does it still function?
       [not found] <mailman.737.1308129919.836.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2011-06-15 22:20 ` Tim X
From: Tim X @ 2011-06-15 22:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Jonathan Groll <lists@groll.co.za> writes:

> Been wanting to try out the Emacs Google Reader client, greader, that
> is distributed as part of emacspeak:
>
> http://emacspeak.blogspot.com/2007/03/emacs-client-for-google-services.html
>
> Using only the g-client from emacspeak itself (rather than the
> spearately distributed g-client which gives a g-cus-load error)
> nothing much seems to happen when executing M-x greader-reading-list
> RET. I get asked for my gmail account and password, authentication
> seems to happen and then I get dropped at an about emacs w3m buffer
> with "Welcome to emacs-w3m!".
>
> Is g-client still maintained and known to work with google-reader
> today?
>
> Emacsclient version is 34 from http://code.google.com/p/emacspeak/ and
> only added the g-client directory to my path, not the full emacspeak.
>
> Cheers,
> Jonathan
> --
> jjg: Jonathan J. Groll : groll co za
> has_one { :blog => "http://bloggroll.com" }
> Sent from my computer device which runs on free software

I just tried using it under emacs 24 with svn emacspeak from May 26 and
it worked fine. I'll upgrade tonight to latest version and see if it
still works.

Tim

--
tcross (at) rapttech dot com dot au