bvraghav@iitk.ac.in (B.V. Raghav) writes: > Hi, > >> How can I map my alpha-ENTER to be the same as my numerical-ENTER please? > > I checked for the keycode using xev in my terminal > > The two enter keys produce this line in their respective output: > > state 0x0, keycode 36 (keysym 0xff0d, Return), same_screen YES, > state 0x0, keycode 104 (keysym 0xff8d, KP_Enter), same_screen YES, > > `C-h k ' provides the key binding in current mode. Then I run > `M-: (local-set-key (kbd "") (lambda () (interactive) (message > "KP Enter pressed")))' and press . It works. > > So I think there are two ways I should proceed > > 1. Explicitly map to the same command as in the > particular mode I am talking about. > > 2. Or, use Xmodmap to simulate a return globally. I should append into > the .Xmodmap file, and invoke it in the .xinitrc > > keycode 104 = Return > > For more details on xmodmap, `M-x man RET xmodmap RET', and > https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/xmodmap > > > There should be more elegant ways to do the job, but this is FWIW. > Thanks for this fulsome reply BV. Its now all working perfectly. Thanks Sharon. -- A taste of linux = http://www.sharons.org.uk TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk Debian 8.4, fluxbox 1.3.7, emacs 25.1.1