* Changing Font Size for Specific Character Range
@ 2008-02-13 21:00 Florian Beck
From: Florian Beck @ 2008-02-13 21:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

While I am am usually happy with a fairly small font, there are certain
characters I would like to see larger (arrows, certain mathematical
symbols, kanji).

A while ago (on the unicode-2 branch, but well before the merge), I was
able to accomplish that with

(set-fontset-font "fontset-default"
  'han
  "-*-Code2000-medium-r-normal--20-*-*-*-*-*-unicode-bmp")

But not anymore. The size gets ignored. (I also tried font-config like
font names as well as using "create-fontset-from-fontset-spec", but
these approaches exhibit the same problem).

This might have been an intentional change, as it makes sense to scale
fonts in a fontset wrt the default font.

Anyway, hints on how to change the size of specific characters would be
much appreciated. (Without having to resort to font lock, which is above
my head.)

I'm using the current CVS on Ubuntu, libfontconfig 1.3.
--
Florian Beck

* Re: Changing Font Size for Specific Character Range
@ 2008-02-15 20:53 ` Florian Beck
From: Florian Beck @ 2008-02-15 20:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Florian Beck; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

No idea, anyone?

I would think it natural to specify a font size via set-fontset-font.

Am I doing something unsound? Is my setup broken?

If not, where do feature suggestions go?

--
Florian Beck