* Need Help With Figuring How To Install Required Perl Modules On Puppy Linux (Slacko, 64 Bit) To Properly Install Emacs From Source
@ 2022-01-10  4:37 Samuel Banya
From: Samuel Banya @ 2022-01-10  4:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emanuel Berg

Hey there,

I'm trying to build the latest Emacs 27.2 from source via the ./autogen.sh shell script since I was trying to follow along with this guide:
https://ubuntuhandbook.org/index.php/2021/12/compile-gnu-emacs-source-ubuntu/

I downloaded the latest source tarball from here and extracted it:
http://gnu.askapache.com/emacs/

However, I am getting the following error:

*OUTPUT OF './autogen.sh':*
# ./autogen.sh
Checking whether you have the necessary tools...
(Read INSTALL.REPO for more details on building Emacs)
Checking for autoconf (need at least version 2.65) ... ok
Your system has the required tools.
Running 'autoreconf -fi -I m4' ...
Can't locate Class/Struct.pm in @INC (you may need to install the Class::Struct module) (@INC contains: /usr/share/autoconf /usr/local/lib64/perl5 /usr/local/share/perl5 /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib64/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 .) at /usr/share/perl5/File/stat.pm line 184.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/perl5/File/stat.pm line 184.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/autoconf/Autom4te/FileUtils.pm line 40.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/autoconf/Autom4te/FileUtils.pm line 40.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/bin/autoreconf line 42.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/bin/autoreconf line 42.

*CONTINUED:**
*
*Here's the output of 'perl --version':*
# perl --version

This is perl 5, version 22, subversion 2 (v5.22.2) built for x86_64-linux-thread-multi

I believe this is the module that its referring to:
https://metacpan.org/dist/perl/source/lib/Class/Struct.pm

I downloaded 'autoconf' from the Puppy Linux Package Manager, so I'm assuming maybe is this an issue in which 'autoconf' is broken?

Thanks,

Sam

``

* Re: Need Help With Figuring How To Install Required Perl Modules On Puppy Linux (Slacko, 64 Bit) To Properly Install Emacs From Source
  2022-01-10  4:37 Need Help With Figuring How To Install Required Perl Modules On Puppy Linux (Slacko, 64 Bit) To Properly Install Emacs From Source Samuel Banya
@ 2022-01-10  4:59 ` Óscar Fuentes
From: Óscar Fuentes @ 2022-01-10  4:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

"Samuel Banya" <sbanya@fastmail.com> writes:

> I'm trying to build the latest Emacs 27.2 from source via the
> ./autogen.sh shell script since I was trying to follow along with this
> guide:
> https://ubuntuhandbook.org/index.php/2021/12/compile-gnu-emacs-source-ubuntu/
>
> I downloaded the latest source tarball from here and extracted it:
> http://gnu.askapache.com/emacs/
>
> However, I am getting the following error:
>
> *OUTPUT OF './autogen.sh':*
> # ./autogen.sh

autogen.sh is for building from a git checkout, source tarballs already
contain the `configure' script generated by autoconf.