Jorge <1gato0a@gmail.com> writes: Hi Jorge: > But gmail allows multiple labels per conversation(thread). Does > this not confuse Emacs? Also, does Emacs group threads differently > from Gmail, meaning that you see a different thing in Emacs than what > you see in the web interface? Does this cause problems? Is there any > potential for data loss? This will answer all your questions: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/77657?hl=en Personally I don't use the web interface- I detest web mail. I prefer to download my emails from my various online accounts via pop3 with fetchmail. They are then feed to procmail for splitting (a hand crafted .promailrc which include a dynamic procmail config file generated by niko-bbdb-split.el[1] and with spamassasin integration). The emails are put into the various folders via dovecot's dovecot-lda command in a maildir hierarchy. I can then read my email from anywhere by connecting to my home dovecot server via imaps. Charles Footnotes: [1] http://osdir.com/ml/bbdb/2012-08/msg00068.html -- "However, complexity is not always the enemy." -- Larry Wall (Open Sources, 1999 O'Reilly and Associates)