* Emacs on a wide screen
@ 2024-08-23  9:08 Martin Kjær Jørgensen
From: Martin Kjær Jørgensen @ 2024-08-23  9:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello Emacs users,

I'm running Emacs 29.4 on an X86-64 machine on GNU/Linux and SwayWM with a
27" 16:9 monitor.

I wondered if any of you have, or need, measures or features to adapt Emacs to
a wide screen view? Have you tried "center" the minibuffer output, so your
eyes don't have to travel to the bottom corner every time you invoke an
interactive command or get prompted?

Packages like olivetti-mode, golden-ratio and the likes tries to style buffers
to make them more pleasantly readable. I have even tried out vertico-posframe,
which is a good idea, but haven't worked much in it yet, and I have feeling it
will break some workflows, or maybe be obstructive. For instance, not all
prompts is shown in vertico-posframe. I know this is very much about
ergonomics and work positions too ... but still wondered enough to ask.

I have also tried this question on reddit with a few answers but wondered if
members of this list might know more.

https://www.reddit.com/r/emacs/comments/1cg465v/emacs_on_a_wide_screen/

/Martin