* How To Resize Window To Specific Size ??
@ 2004-08-26  1:02 Tennis Smith
From: Tennis Smith @ 2004-08-26  1:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

The subject says it all.  I would like to be able to set the exact screen
coordinates of my emacs window.  Is that possible?

TIA,
-Tennis

--
Remove "-remove-to-reply" to respond to my  email address directly.

* Re: How To Resize Window To Specific Size ??
@ 2004-08-26  1:03 ` Vektor
From: Vektor @ 2004-08-26  1:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

for example:

(if window-system
    (setq default-frame-alist
          (append
           '(
	     ;; for 800x600
	     ;; (font . "8x13")
             (top . 0)
             (left . 0)
             (width . 95)
	     (height . 36)
	     )
           default-frame-alist)))

"Tennis Smith" <tennis_smith@yahoo-remove-to-reply.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> The subject says it all.  I would like to be able to set the exact screen
> coordinates of my emacs window.  Is that possible?
>
> TIA,
> -Tennis
>

> --
> Remove "-remove-to-reply" to respond to my  email address directly.

--
Remove all XYZ from my email to get the real one.

* Re: How To Resize Window To Specific Size ??
@ 2004-08-26  3:57   ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2004-08-26  3:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

> From: Vektor <XYZvektorXYZ@XYZyeahXYZ.net>
> Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 09:03:06 +0800
>
> (if window-system
>     (setq default-frame-alist

One should use

  (if (display-multi-frame-p)

instead of

  (if window-system

* Re: How To Resize Window To Specific Size ??
@ 2004-08-26  7:04 ` Pascal Bourguignon
From: Pascal Bourguignon @ 2004-08-26  7:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Tennis Smith" <tennis_smith@yahoo-remove-to-reply.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> The subject says it all.  I would like to be able to set the exact screen
> coordinates of my emacs window.  Is that possible?

For example:

(defun current-frame ()  (car (frame-list)))

(defun single-window ()
  "Reduce the frame, to one 80-columns window."
  (interactive)
  (let ((cf (current-frame)))
    (set-frame-width cf 81)
    (set-frame-height cf 40)