At Fri, 16 Apr 2010 03:02:04 -0500, hap 497 wrote: > > Hi, > > I am using emacs 23.1 on ubuntu 9.10. > And I always use emacs-client to open a file and it will creates a > emacs -daemon when needed. > My problem is everything I shut down my ubuntu environment, it asks me > if I want to kill emacs damon. And I have to manually click 'Close' in > order for the shut down to continue. > > Is there anyway to automatic this? > You want to start the daemon on login rather than via emacsclient. I'm not using ubuntu but IIRC this can be done under System/Preferences/Customize Session, or something like that, where you can add 'emacs --daemon' to the list of programs to start after logging in. Jim > Thank you. >